April Fools' apology:
Firstly, apologies for yesterday. If I am honest, 'Pine Terrace' does not, strictly speaking, exist. Although happy thought on the cast list if it did!
Any other business:
- If you have many rubles in the bank and are free from April 4th through 13th, here is a list of all the parties and galas that will be happening as part of the Sarasota Film Festival in Florida.
- A reminder that Ms Ehle's film Before the Rains will be screened at the Festival on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 8th, 5:15pm, Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20, Theater 7.
- Wednesday, April 9th, 5:45pm, Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20, Theater 11.
Visit the website to purchase tickets.
- Sticking with the theme, Bollywood Buzz and The Deccan Herald interview Rains star Rahul Bose, although the film is not discussed.
Pride and Prejudice:
- Digital Spy reveal that Ms Ehle is helping children pass exams, albeit in an indirect way:
[...] One in ten pupils "cheat" in English lessons by watching film adaptations instead of reading the original books, a poll has found. Baz Luhrmann 's Romeo And Juliet, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes, was revealed to be a favourite of schoolchildren forced to study Shakespeare's play. Watching the BBC adaptation of Pride And Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle was also a popular alternative to Jane Austen's book. [...]Not that PBS minds, in fact they advocate it. In this aesthetically pleasing Teacher's Guide, they provide 'before' and 'after' viewing questions for all of Miss Austen's books. Here is an 'after':
[...] In what ways is Elizabeth out of place within her own family? In what ways does the family she was born into limit what she can do with her “lively mind”? How does she feel about her mother, father, younger sisters? What do Darcy and Pemberley represent to Elizabeth? Ask students to select a scene from the novel or ﬁlm in which Elizabeth must cope with her family and write a monologue for her. What is Elizabeth thinking and feeling at that moment and why? [...]Who knew school could be so fun?
- Ohio.com meanwhile report that the Cleveland Play House have attempted a stage version of Pride and Prejudice. If you are interested to know what it looks like, this short video with Associate Artistic Director Seth Gordon will provide a taster. (The link is beneath the picture.)
Lastly, for a bit of fun:
- Journal Now reveal that there has been a theft at 'John Ehle Court'. Which begs the question - how long before there is a 'Jennifer Ehle Court'? Let us know if one already exists. Or, better still, if you live there!