- For those of you in the metropolitan New York City area, you can watch the telecast of the Drama Desk Awards today, May 27, on WNET/Thirteen at 12:30pm. See Playbill for more information.
- Playbill also announces that the latest edition of "Theater Talk" will feature several theater journalists discussing their Tony predictions. This will be aired on WNET/Thirteen immediately following the Drama Desk telecast.
- Speaking of awards, there are plenty of pictures of cutie-pah-tootie Martha Plimpton and Jack O'Brien at the Outer Critics Circle Awards at Broadway.com and BroadwayWorld.
- The results of the Broadway.com Audience Awards have been announced. The Coast of Utopia scored a win for 'Favorite New Play' and Ethan Hawke is the 'Favorite Featured Actor in a Play.' (Tonya Pinkins of Radio Golf was named the 'Favorite Featured Actress.')
- Remember that you can still vote for the BroadwayWorld Fans' Choice Awards until June 6th. Martha Plimpton is currently beating Jennifer Ehle by a mere hair. If you haven't already voted, what are you waiting for?!
- To end with some good quotage - Christine Dolen of the Miami Harold laments that The Coast of Utopia has already closed, and she lavishes praise on specific members of the cast:
[...] Through breathtaking design, energetic direction by Tony nominee Jack O'Brien and some brilliant acting (by the cool Brían F. O'Byrne as Herzen, Ethan Hawke as the comically self-adoring Bakunin, Billy Crudup as the awkwardly intriguing Belinsky and the amazing Jennifer Ehle, unrecognizable from one play to the next in a trio of key roles), The Coast of Utopia was a thrilling exploration of passionate lives intertwined with roiling political and social change. [...]
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Just a quick update: