- The Tonys site has been updated with another video of nominees at the Meet the Press event. The latest includes Utopians Martha Plimpton, Scott Pask, Catherine Zuber and David Pittu. Presenters for the big night have been announced and include Jennifer Ehle's doppelganger Eddie Izzard and former co-stars Liev Schreiber and Kevin Spacey. Also, you can download her Tony Memory video as an iTunes podcast, the same one that can be viewed on the site. The second Road to the Tonys video is up, along with some short clips from the plays. Oh and yesterdayish was the Nominees' Luncheon where they got certificates and presumably free nosh.
- The Playbill photocall from the Drama Critics' Circle awards sports a cute pic of Herzen's women.
- Ricky calls it for Utopia in most of its Tony categories, including the one most of interest:
[...] Though Martha Plimpton took home this award at the Drama Desk Awards (Ehle wasn't nominated), I think that Jennifer Ehle will probably take home the Tony. I'm not familiar with the work of Elbrick, Ivey, or Maxwell, but Ehle was one of the best things about Utopia. I wish she had had a more prominent role throughout the trilogy, but as Natalie Herzen in Shipwreck, she more than proved her acting chops. It was one of the most thrilling performances I saw all year. [...]
- At a night so frozen, some commentary on nominations the writer is excited about:
[...] Jennifer Ehle, The Coast of Utopia (remember when she won a Tony in like 2001 and it was so freaking cute? Oh, also remember when she and Mr. Darcy got married and that other time when they were gazing at each other over the piano and stuff?) [...]
- Over at YouTube, there are a couple of Martha Plimpton videos: one backstage at the Drama Desks ceremony, and one from the nominations.
- A review of a Utopia review (Anthony Grafton's, NY Review of Books) can be found at snarksmith, along with a nice quote about Herzen from Russian Thinkers.
- Utopia is topping the tables at the Broadway Show League, as yet undefeated in five matches.