- Jennifer Ehle's "Tony Memories" video can now be seen online at TonyAwards.com! Scroll down until you find her name.
- The Tony Nominees' Press Reception was held today, May 16, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel. Matt Freeman, a TonyAwards.com intern, posted about it on the Tonys' MySpace page. TonyAwards.com says, "We’ll be there with cameras and microphones, and we’ll post and podcast video clips of interviews with nominees soon after the event."
Edit: There are a couple of pictures from the Press Reception at gettyimages.com. Search for "Jennifer Ehle."
Edit #2: More pictures of Jennifer Ehle and Martha Plimpton at the Reception can be found at Broadwayworld.com.
- More 'Tony Reactions' have been recorded by Playbill.com. Jennifer Ehle's account is roughly the same as the one posted by Broadway.com (see previous post) although she sounds slightly more discombobulated in this one. Endearingly so, of course!
We were driving home from upstate, and I suddenly got two emails on my Blackberry with people saying congratulations. Then enough came through that I realized exactly what was going on. I don't remember exactly what I said. I was with my family. Told my husband, 'I've been nominated for a Tony!' I wrote back asking for who else. It's so exciting there's so many of us from the cast — only an idiot would ever think it would happen. That would be a ridiculous way to live, expecting anything like this to happen. I think I'm in a state of shock. I don't think I'm making much sense. But I'm in a state of shock anyway 'cause we just closed [although] it feels like the show hasn't closed yet. I know I'm going to be seeing a lot of people over the next month and we'll still be celebrating. It's extraordinary [that the show] was even put on at all. It's such a thrill. It's lovely. You get to go to the ball.More multimedia! Broadway.com has a video feature of the opening day of the Broadway Show League. There are some fun (albeit brief) interviews with Martha Plimpton, Billy Crudup, and Jason Butler Harner, who were there playing for Team Utopia.
- Four more pictures from the Soho Rep Spring Gala can be found at gettyimages.com. Search for "Jennifer Ehle."
- There are a couple of additional photos from The Drama League Awards Luncheon at Broadway.com. (Go to numbers 3, 47, and 52 to see the Utopians).
- During The Coast of Utopia's last weekend of performances, NY Magazine was on hand to ask audience members a variety of questions. Some of the responses are quite humorous.
- Broadwayworld.com has a nice exit interview with Brian F. O'Byrne entitled "Marathon Man: Brian O'Byrne at the 'Utopia' Finish Line."
- Getting back to the Tonys, we've gone from predicting the nominees to predicting the winners. Katie and Chazwaza of All That Chat as well as Linda and Popcultureboy of blogland predict that Jennifer Ehle will be victorious. Cross your fingers!
- And for those of you who want to be completely in the know, The NY Times has created "a special section with a complete list of nominations, reviews, multimedia features, and more."
- Finally, Broadwayworld.com is holding its 5th Annual Theater Fans' Choice Awards. You can vote for Jennifer Ehle, The Coast of Utopia, and your other favorites until June 6th. You can also look at the live standings of the votes in any category. For instance, Jennifer Ehle is currently leading the 'Best Featured Actress in a Play' category with 14% of the votes. Martha Plimpton is right at her heels with 12% of the votes. (Note that this is different from the Broadway.com Audience Awards).