a.k.a. A Post of Marginal Relevance
- Broadway.com has a new Tony nominee video poll entitled "Are You a Competitive Person?" Alas, Jennifer Ehle has managed to escape once again, but you can see plenty of her co-stars.
- Episode One of "The Road to the Tonys" series is now available online at TonyAwards.com. (Hopefully next week's episode will be a little more meaty).
- And, while you're on the Tonys site, you can watch "Meet the Nominees on Video Part 1". Supposedly more video interviews will be up on Friday. (We live in hope that someone managed to capture Ms. Ehle in one of these).
- Also at TonyAwards.com is Bakunin patriarch Richard Easton's "Tony Memories" video. Scroll down until you find his name. This is doubly relevant because Mr. Easton discusses his friendship with Ellis Rabb and Rosemary Harris and the A.P.A. repertory company that they created together.
- Former Jennifer Ehle co-stars Liev Schreiber and Kevin Spacey, along with Jeff Daniels and Brian Dennehy, recently took part in The American Theatre Wing's "Working in the Theatre" seminar. According to Playbill, the show was broadcast by CUNY-TV on May 20 and will be aired again later this week. It can also be viewed online at the ATW's website.
- This might be overkill, but there are still more pictures from the Tony Nominees' Press Reception at Broadway.com.
- And, there are more photo-calls from the Drama Desk Awards at Playbill and BroadwayWorld.
- Finally, Michael Musto of The Village Voice has his tongue firmly in his cheek as he announces his Tony Award picks:
When the Tony nominees were announced last week, gays could suddenly be seen running through Times Square shrieking things like, "I thought for sure NIALL BUGGY was the biggest lock since IAN MCDIARMID" and "In what universe is JENNIFER EHLE considered featured?"...And so: Best Play will go to The Coast of Utopia, mainly because it was longer than the three other nominees combined. [...]