First things first. Don't forget to join us at the Tonys live chat! It's less than 24 hours away and it's going to be a lot of fun!
- In their 4th video poll, Broadway.com asked the Tony nominees, "How Will You Get Red Carpet Ready?" Watch to hear Jennifer Ehle's response. (Note: It's towards the end of the video).
- To see some photo coverage of the "Stars in the Alley" concert, including a couple of pictures of Ms Ehle and Ms Plimpton, visit BroadwayWorld. Broadway.com has more photos from the same event. Also, Jennifer Naimo of Jersey Boys talks about performing in "Stars in the Alley" on her official website, and she mentions seeing the Utopian women there.
- More photos of Jennifer Ehle and Rosemary Harris at the Theatre World Awards can be found at both Broadway.com and Playbill.
- BroadwayWorld has video coverage of the Outer Critics Awards ceremony and there is an interview with cool cat Martha Plimpton, who won the award for Best Featured Actress in a Play.
- At the Tonys website, there are a couple of things that might be of interest. Show Business: The Road to Broadway (Parts 1 & 2) are available online as is an interview with the executive producers of the Tonys telecast.
- The results of the BroadwayWorld Fans' Choice Awards are now in. Sadly, Jennifer Ehle lost the award for Best Featured Actress to her cast mate by a mere percentage point, but The Coast of Utopia proved to be quite popular as a whole. You can click here to see the final percentages in each of the categories.
- Paul Wontorek, the Editor-in-Chief of Broadway.com, gives his Tony predictions, including some notes on what he sees as the really competitive categories and the possible spoilers.
- Our faithful friend Broadway.com has also put together a nice tally of what the Broadway journalists have predicted. 90% of the pundits have slated The Coast of Utopia for a win, and 75% have predicted that Martha Plimpton will go home with a Tony. (Jennifer Ehle came in 2nd with 20% of the votes.) Matt Windman of AM New York, has put together a similar tally of predictions. Have a look if you can bear it.
- Josh R provides a rationale as to why Martha Plimpton may have the edge over Ms Ehle:
[...] Forget about that annoying little girl from The Goonies – in The Coast of Utopia, Martha Plimpton confirmed her status as a stage actress of remarkable presence and charisma. For as much praise as I’ve lavished on her co-star Jennifer Ehle, who excels in three very different roles, this is actually a close call from my perspective. While Ehle dominated the trilogy’s middle passage, "Shipwreck," it was Plimpton who really shone in "Salvage," the concluding installment – consequently, the latter’s achievement is probably fresher in the minds of Tony voters. As the emotionally volatile Natasha, whose vivacious, impetuous nature hardens into a mass of vacillating feelings fueled by self-recrimination, she was nothing less than a revelation – something her inevitable victory will reflect. SHOULD WIN: Jennifer Ehle (The Coast of Utopia) WILL WIN: Martha Plimpton (The Coast of Utopia) [...]
- The New York Post gives us some predictions as well as something to keep in mind while watching the Tonys (even if it is a little disheartening):
[...] In a nutshell: Quite a few of the 740 Tony voters don't bother to see all the nominated productions yet still vote in all the categories. It's a big no-no, but pretty much everybody does it...A Broadway publicist estimates that even the hit shows draw only about 70 percent of Tony voters...But, as one cynic says, "The purpose of the Tonys is to sell tickets, though it's in the guise of being an artistic award. So there's no urgency to change the system." [...]
- Okay, that's the end of the predictions. Phew! Be sure to watch the 61st Annual Tony Awards Ceremony tonight, June 10th, at 8:00pm US EST on CBS! Squeeeeee!!!!