Wednesday, December 28, 2005

English Sunshine official site

Yay, the Paramount site is (back?) up. It has the usual photos, trailer, cast bios, etc. In the "Sonnenschein Family Album" section, you'll find the proper English versions of the quotes I attempted to translate earlier from the French official site.

Jennifer Ehle says: “I simply adored Valerie as a person. She is very different from many female characters that we see onscreen. She is strong, and while she never tries to please people, it is important to her that those around her are happy. She wants everything to be stable and balanced which is a difficult job in this family. Valerie tries to keep the peace, but without ever compromising herself or what she believes.”
...
Rosemary Harris says: “Valerie is truly an extraordinary woman for her time. She doesn’t go with the flow, she has her own thoughts and feelings about things and she sees through other people’s subterfuge. Since I took the part I’ve learned a lot about Hungarian history and how people’s fortunes were swayed by the winds of change in the politics. But Valerie remains steadfast throughout. She doesn’t get easily swayed, she has her own compass set and she stays on her own course all her life. Playing the role with my daughter Jennifer means knowing what we each feel about the character without having to spell it out.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I didnt comment on this back cover as i think it is great Jennifer looks really pretty here (her eyes really stand out) and Colin looks smoulderingly handsome. I have already pre-ordered the american dvd 10-year anniversaryand I read that the cover is going to be quite nice as well...I shall have to wait until the 26th of September to see...