Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ehlenews review

Of Macbeth, by Ann.

I saw Macbeth on Saturday night. After reading some of the online reviews, I am amazed. My friend and I enjoyed it. The theater was full and I didn't notice anyone leaving at intermission. There was enthusiastic applause (some standing) at the end. I am a fan of Jennifer's and I have never disliked her work, so I am not the most reliable reviewer, but the woman next to me had never heard of Jennifer. At intermission, she told me how much she liked Jennifer's performance.

Unfortunately, I don't have any stage door stories. I didn't know where to look, there were a lot of people, and it was very late. I was just happy to have seen her perform again.The experience of waiting for the tickets was very pleasant. I got there at 9 and got to sit on a park bench in the shade for 4 hours. There were interesting people to talk with and wonderful dogs to look at. It did make for a very long day, so I made a donation and got another ticket for July.

No comments: